A Comprehensive Course Covering Birth, Postpartum, and Newborn Care
Birth Knowledge is a no fluff, down to business class that is appropriate for all kinds of labors. We recognize that each birth, labor and family are unique. Rather than teaching one method of birthing, we focus on providing you with research-based information that will help you understand the labor process, and we provide you with diverse tools to manage the energy and sensations of labor in the way that makes the most sense for YOU.
We support birth in any form- whether you’re hoping to avoid all intervention and have your baby at home, or whether you’re planning a cesarean section or induction in a hospital, this is the class for you. We’ll address questions and concerns objectively and with a solid research focus. We support your right to make choices about your body, and our goal is to make sure you have the information you need to make those choices confidently and completely, and to adjust them if complications arise or interventions become necessary.
We strongly believe a positive birth experience includes preparation for the days and weeks after birth--that’s why Birth Knowledge includes important postpartum and early parenting information- something you won’t find elsewhere!
Birth Knowledge Childbirth Education is designed to:
- Empower families to be active participants in their medical care throughout the labor process and after delivery
- Provide the information and tools necessary to make informed choices
- Provide the tools to build a trustworthy support team to help navigate the inevitable unknowns of labor and birth
Birth Knowledge Childbirth Education Covers the Following:
- The Stages of Labor- Physiological and Psychological
- Pain and Sensation Management- Medical and Non-Medical
- Assisted Deliveries
- Creating a Plan of Action- Recognizing What You Can and Cannot Control
- Creating a Team
- Baby After Birth
- Newborn Care
- Postpartum Care of Parents & Baby