CAPPA Postpartum Doula Training
Do you want to make a big impact in a families life? The Postpartum period and the transition to parenthood is one of the most important and vulnerable times for a family. Becoming a Professional Postpartum Doula allows you to make a good living providing valuable information and support to new and growing families.
Postpartum doulas offer NON-MEDICAL support, share evidence based information, and provide relevant education to postpartum families.
Benefits of the Training include:
- Ability to Immediately start working as a Professional Postpartum Doula.
- Access to your trainers and other participants.
- Ongoing sharing of relevant information and new research.
- Part of larger professional community
- Access to professional development opportunities
This CAPPA approved Postpartum Doula Training is your first step towards certification. The training is designed to give you key skills to nurture, educate, and empower parents and families towards confidence in their new roles.
Just some of the things you will learn include:
*Scope of Practice for Postpartum Doula
*Supporting parents in the immediate postpartum period
*Baby care techniques
*Calming and soothing techniques
*Postpartum Mood Disorders
*SIDS/Back to Sleep Campaign
*Listening and communication skills
*Record keeping and contracts
*Creating and marketing your business
There are several other requirements that will be discussed in class (you can also go to www.cappa.net for a full list of certification requirements)
Be sure to fill out the registration form. HERE
Once your registration form and payment is submitted, an email will be be sent to you with more information. If you have any questions feel free to send an email your trainer.
----You are NOT registered for class until BOTH the registration form and payment are submitted AND you have received a confirmation email.
Cost: $450.00 (includes training manual) for workshop. Early Bird Registration Available
* membership dues, books, certification enrollment and certification processing fees are not included. Membership dues can be paid before the training by going to www.cappa.net. All "other" fees can be paid after the training, but before you can be certified.