Sexually Healthy Households
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED:
- How Do I answers my child’s questions?
- What does my child need to know?
- How do I teach my values to my child?
- What do I do if I don’t want to talk with my child?
Sexually Healthy Households is a workshop to support you in discovering your unique family dynamic around the topic of sexuality. Our goal is to remove fear and normalize the conversations about this important yet often uncomfortable topic. You will explore and create your family values and gain tools for sharing and implementing these values in your interactions and discussions with you children
In this class we discuss:
- What the research says about sex education and childhood and teen behaviors.
- The Spheres of Sexuality and how much bigger the subject is then just intercourse.
- Your values and what you want to teach your children.
- Common question children ask at each age and what your child need to know when so they are prepared for puberty and beyond.
- Best ways to answer questions to make sure you don't overwhelm or shut your child down.
- Finding and using teachable moments in your daily life.
- Dealing with other peoples values and ideas.